Thursday, November 13, 2008

It's going to be a long year


Unlike Mrs. T, I am not much of a gambler. I am more than happy to stay home while she does battle with a poker machine. I do have one gambling vice though. I bet against the University of Kansas basketball team.

#1 son and I have a routine. He gets Kansas, I get points. We wager a million dollars a game double or nothing on most games. Usually we even out at the end of the season because KU chokes in March. Writing the check for $192 million last April did hurt a bit, but it won't happen again for another 10-12 years.

So it must be getting near that time again. Tuesay night I get a phone call. How many points do you want? KU is playing the Little Sisters of the Poor right now. I passed. I gotta have a team with at least one 3 point shooter to get interested.

Toad

2 comments:

Pigtown-Design said...

little sisters of the poor! you crack me up. is the school for the blind their next up?

Toad said...

Oddly, the defending national champions take on Topeka City College. No lie.