Friday, November 14, 2008

In Praise of Oreck

While Mrs. T was away I broke our Oreck Vacuum.

My general style is to admit my sins, take my beating and go on, and so it was when she came home to find the vac in the back seat of the car.

When ask why I took the vac for a drive, I fessed up and told her how I attempted to get it fixed on my way to the airport, they were closed and now I'm had.

Next morning I was about considering a return trip to the Oreck folks, but Mrs. T allowed how this was women's work and she'd handle it.

You know the empty feeling you get in the pit of your stomach when you go to a repair shop. You know it will cost a fortune to repair, and probably take 3 weeks, and you just know you're about to be had? Mrs. T's experience was quite different.

She dragged it in, told them the problem. The Oreck response was that will be $5 and take 3 minutes. When the job was finished the clerk carried it to the car. "That's the Oreck way, ma'am".

They now have a customer for life.

Toad

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

That's wonderful. Glad the repair was so easy.

Mrs. Blandings said...

And maybe more thanks to you!

Pigtown-Design said...

Wow. I took my mother's old vac to be repaired and they said it would be cheaper to get a new one.

Renovation Therapy said...

I'm guessing the belt went kaphloeey and had to be replaced. Am I right? The first time I replaced the belt on a vacuum my Fiance was just stunned into full blown amazement. Since then, I've been "the man of the house".