Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Taco Night

My husband is one of those guys that you love to hate. He is 6’4” – 180lbs and can eat anything under the sun. Our grocery bills each week mirror that of a family of 4. A trip out to dinner is a pricy proposition and one that we don’t do too often. The man can eat. Imagine my pleasant surprise when I came across a flyer for a local pub that offered Taco Night on Mondays. Tacos are $1. Rice & Beans are $1 and Margaritas are $2. The thought of going out to dinner with G and spending less than $10 for him to be well fed and sufficiently quenched is pretty unheard of. Last night, when G got home and asked what we should have for dinner, I informed him that we were headed out for Taco Night. He was a little skeptical and I was a lot skeptical but it turned out great. The food and drinks were good and we left there fat and happy for under $20 including a nice tip. It is interesting to see what some retail establishments will do to get people in the door now that times are tough. I’m definitely not complaining and will continue do my part to help stimulate the economy on a local level. What are some down and dirty tactics that you are seeing in your areas to try and jump start the local economy?

3 comments:

Turling said...

As you have pointed out, the one thing I have noticed is that restaurants are decreasing prices and not just with specials. Across the board, the prices are coming down, even at chain restaurans here in Southern California. Now, if we can just explain to the airlines that fuel prices have dropped 60%........

Kathy said...

Speaking of airlines, I was able to get a tremendous (less than $300 ea.) deal on airline tickets from BWI to DEN. Much better than last fall.

Free Kansas said...

Here one of the local Jewlery stores has begun ditributing coupons for a free watch battery. I went in, they installed the battery, cleaned the watch beautifully, and didn't charge me a cent. I have since gone back and paid very little to have other pieces cleaned.