Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Biscuits

I have taken leave of my senses.

I'm dog sitting this week, it's late in the evening, my fuzzy charge is asleep on my chest, I am watching a PBS program " The Rise of Southern Biscuits", and getting hungry. Three little ingredients.

Now, I know as well as you, that you make the best biscuits ever was.  I also know my biscuits will make you weep, every day you can't have one.  Every mother, in my case father, made the finest biscuits ever,and all else fail in comparison.  

Few other foods are so rooted in home.  Sadly, it's also a dying art.  Families don't take the time to preserve their traditions, and we all lose as a consequence.  

Toad

4 comments:

Gladys said...

So you've been to my kitchen? Yes I do make the very best Angel Flake Bisquits. They are so good they will make up sit up and beg for more. I learned from my Great-Granny. I was about 6 and she was a good 80 years older than I. She taught me the fine art of measuring... A pinch of this and dab of that and a smidgen of this then you whup it up until its good and ripe ....;)

northsidefour said...

I thought you were posting on scones, currant jam and cream! But biscuits are equally wonderful, just not something I have ever been able to make, or make well.

Toad said...

Sadly, Northside my tastes aren't so elevated.

kathleen said...

I have no idea how to make biscuits, but will think about trying. The photograph, alone, makes me hungry.