Thursday, January 15, 2009

Mrs. T's Anniversary


Today is Mrs. T's wedding anniversary.


We were married on a unseasonably warm January Saturday 9 years ago, surrounded by friends and family, in a little Lutheran Lite church (UCC) about 15 miles from Mayberry.


Just to tempt the weather gods, our reception was held at Hunter's Hollow, a very small community 25 miles in the opposite direction from Mayberry.


Picture a V. Mayberry is at the bottom, the church at the top to your right, the reception at the top to your left. The only way to get from the church to the reception is through Mayberry. We were late for both events.

I remember the day before the ceremony having a tremendous sense of happiness. It hasn't left.

Toad

6 comments:

Mom on the Run said...

Congratulations to you and best wishes to Mrs. T!

Free Kansas said...

Best wishes to you both.
It has truely been a pleasure to witness 2 people that I love so dearly experience such happiness.

Pass along my best to your bride and I will be in touch soon.

David said...

Happy anniversary to you both. Stay warm!

News Readin' Wife said...

A happy, happy anniversary to you both!

Toad - I've included you in a post. Please do not feel the need to indulge in my silliness.

Best,

Mrs. NR

Toad said...

Thank you to all, I have forwarded your good wishes to my bride.

I am in the enviable position of having a bride who knows I keep a blog, but has never seen it.

She continously asks if I speak well of her, so your best wishes I will use as confirmation.

Anonymous said...

Let's see....tradition calls for "Pottery or China" as the gift for Annie #9.
Happy Day.
WI Fan