Saturday, January 17, 2009

Friday Night Date Night, part 2



We were joined by friends for Date Night Friday this week, and once again it was my pick. I chose Last Chance Harvey with Emma Thompson and Dustin Hoffman.

Turns out it was a pretty good choice. It's the story of a divorced father, estranged from his family who leaves NY to attend his daughter's London wedding. Throughout Dustin is a fifth wheel, until he meets the redeeming Emma.

Strongly recommended, although probably better for an over 40 crowd. Younger views may have no clue who Dustin Hoffman is, unless they saw Mr. Magorium.

Toad

1 comment:

Mrs. Blandings said...

I have been disappointed to see Hoffman in nonsense of late. While it's nearly impossible to pick a favorite movie, when pressed I choose The Graduate. I was wondering if he recaptured that winningly-charming-yet-out-of-place protagonist that gripped me the first time I saw him. It is nice to go to a grown up movie, isn't it?