Saturday, August 8, 2009

Oh Happy Day


What a great day. First, the patch mad bow tie from Ellie LaVange Stager arrived. Gents, if you are bow tie inclined, get in touch with this woman immediately. This is the finest bow tie I have ever owned. I've paid much more for others, but I have never owned a better crafted tie. Thank you, thank you, thank you Ellie. My next order is in your email box.

Then the Polish tailor called and asked me to try on the linen jacket. First fittings are always somewhat disappointing, but eventually things worked out. Minor adjustments included lining the front, in order to have inside pockets, and half the back, just because. The sleeve buttonhole color was changed from a darker brown to baby blue. I was wearing a Ralph gingham with just the right shade of blue pony. Somehow it felt right although I worry it might be too much. Time will fix it. The edging of the shawl collar is being hand stitched, that is what's taking the bulk of the time. I should be able to pick it up Friday.

Finally, daughter Katy is spending the weekend with us. She was looking for a little heat, just to remember what Summer is like. We should be able to oblige.

Have a great weekend. If you are new around these parts, stop in and say hello. I'm glad you're here.

Toad

7 comments:

Gwennie said...

You look dashing in your new tie! Have a great weekend with your family.

kathleen said...

I agree, you do look dashing in the new tie. I might break down and order one for my husband.

ADG said...

Toad my Man! Looking great in the bow tie. Sure wish that you'd snapped a pic or two of the linen in progress.

ADG

Toad said...

Thanks to each of you. I'm liking this tie a lot.

ms. mindless said...

sweet tie! i need to order one. thanks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

Ooooo, top shelf ! !
Quite dapper, you look terrific.

Anonymous said...

Great tie! She made two for me also, and they are the BEST bow's I think I own.