Friday, August 21, 2009

Let us begin year two

Today marks the first anniversary of this humble bloggers writing life. Blogging has taken me by surprise. It began as a subtle attempt to share some of the family stories with my far flung children. They quickly found me out, and made it clear they weren't necessarily interested, although I do still add them from time to time.

I've met many wonderful people here, I grateful to you all. You never cease to amaze me with the stuff you come up with.

So as we head off into the future I have no immediate promises to make. I will strive to earn your trust, keep you entertained, informed and hopefully in the process become more thoughtful and engaging writer.

As you may have discovered, I am technologically inept. If inadvertently I'm missing something which would make reading easier for you, tell me. You may have to show me how, but I'll do it.

And finally, Mrs. Blandings warned me that Blogluvin was worse than crack. She is absolutely correct.

Even worse than my propensity to check it out too many times per day, I recently discovered I haven't spent quality time with any of my favorite bloggers recently. I have missed a great deal lately. Blogluvin has gone away, and I promise to catch up for the summer I've missed.

I thank each of you individually.

Toad

4 comments:

ADG said...

Toad...you-Tintin and a few others lured me into what's become pretty much my main distraction-it's all good. Your honest ramblings remain tops on my list.

Toad said...

Thank you form my heart's bottom.

Gail, in northern California said...

You help start my day off right.

Katy McIntyre said...

one of your far flung children is interested. keep it coming. :)