Monday, February 16, 2009

Sheer Bliss

Ever since the spray pancake episode I have not been permitted in grocery stores without supervision. Until today.

Mrs T made me go with her today to engage in power shopping. You know the kind, meet me in 4 minutes with these 5 items. I've learned better, so I knew I had a good 10 minutes to peruse the shelves.

I used to believe that when the revolution began, the first up against the wall were to be found shopping at Whole Foods. You know the type $10 for 8 crackers. Die yuppie scum, alas I was wrong.

Today, at our local, I may have met the enemy. Canned ice cream. The "King Tut" of ice cream. Sheer Bliss!

Imagine Ms Save the Planet Green, taking her Prius to stock up on something to help her get through the night. Think I get some ice cream she says, saves the earth. What do they have in a can? $8.99 the pint. Maybe she recycles.

Toad

6 comments:

Gladys said...

Hey I recylce. I use my 1 gallon plastic bucket container from my generic ice cream to collect snow to make Snow Ice Cream. I don't drive a Prius and Alas there is no Whole foods. Instead I wholey eat all my food.
Thanks TOAD!

Katy McIntyre said...

How strange. I know this is a really dumb question but here goes anyway... is it kept in the frozen ice cream section? Undoubtedly would be a hit in Boulder.

Toad said...

Most assuredly it's in the frozen ice cream section.

Renovation Therapy said...

I keep looking at that tin and thinking that it should be pipe tobacco.

Giuseppe said...

Gourmet Ice Cream?!?!?!

Whatever happened to chocolate, vanilla and strawberry from Brigham's? Last I checked, those were made from milk, sugar salt and fruit. Nothing un-natural there. What does seem unnatural is paying the sunny side of ten bucks for a pint of ice cream. Plus, the cardboard carton is just as recyclable as the can.

I worked in gourmet food and fine wine retail for years, and I know how easy it is ot get wound up in that sort of thing. But after a year away from that horrid profession, I've come to realize this: when everything is gourmet, it becomes meaningless.

Seriously, do you have to buy one of those fancy chocolate bars for $5.99 to melt over the top of it? Do the children (for whom ice cream really exists) know the difference, or give a damn...

Oops, I seem to have gone on a rip. My apolopgies.

Anonymous said...

For unprecedented ecstacy, try COCONUT BLISS - Non-Dairy, smooth and creamy, and barely sweetened with agave instead of sugar (in five gourmet flavors), so your system doesn't respond to it like it does to sugar. Coconut oil burns hot with its medium chain triglycerides, so you're almost losing weight when you eat it. Does it get any better than that?? I found mine at Whole Foods and Central Market in Dallas.