Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I may be untrainable


You would think I would eventually learn, but no, I rarely do.

Since moving to The Park 2 years ago, periodically a man with the big truck comes and exchanges vast sums of money for his tank of heat. You call him, a day or two later he appears. It's a pretty good system.

Only I never remember to call him. It's cold. Very much so. We have no heat. Why? Because I did not call the man. Happens about once a year.

Now to add insult to injury, I have an arrangement with a neighbor. In exchange for garage space he clears our driveway. While we were gone he didn't plow. Now our drive is an icy mess, and the propane truck won't navigate our hill.

How many more weeks of winter?

Toad

2 comments:

Katy McIntyre said...

Sounds like you need to go back to Sanibel.

Renovation Therapy said...

Ouch. We don't have to call our guy, he keeps a schedule based on each house's average use and shows up when the thinks the tank is near 25% full. Have never run out.