Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Tale of Two Cities

You say Tomatoes, I say tomahtoes. Different strokes for different folks. The photo above was taken from our bedroom window Wednesday. The photo below was taken from our bedroom at The Park on Wednesday. You choose.




Toads are warm weather critters and I prefer the former. A week and a half away in the middle of winter will tide me over the next ten weeks of cold. It's good to go, its better to be home.

Sanibel was interesting. The week before our arrival was unusually cold and killed off all the flowering plants, so it wasn't as pretty as I suspect it normally is, but you could see how pretty it could be. This week is supposed to be cold too, so there.


I won't bore you with how our week was better than yours, but a few things stand out. First, I was greeted shortly after arrival, by a woman about my age, who lead with Hi Toad, how's Bunky (my youngest son)? I couldn't have picked her out of a lineup, Had no idea who she was.

To make a short story long, her daughter attended third grade with Bunky, twenty something years ago. Yes, I asked him, and no he had no idea who the daughter was. To make matters more weird, mom attended high school with Bunky's mother. What are the odds?

Number 2. Driving through Kentucky and southern Illinois yesterday, I was awed by the devastation of the ice storm. For a hundred miles trees were topped, split and toppled. It will take a generation to recover.

So let me close by saying I am glad to be home, I missed each of you, I am tired, and have a lot to do around here.

Also, thank you Katy for doing such a wonderful job in my absence.

Toad

6 comments:

Sartre said...

Welcome back!

Renovation Therapy said...

Your daughter did a great job.

Welcome back.

David said...

Welcome home!

Toad said...

Thank you all. I agree Katy did do a wonderful job.

Martha said...

Toad -- we're glad you're home, too!

Did you manage to go to the Mucky Duck?

Katie did a splendid job in your absence!

Mom on the Run said...

You never call, you never write....did you stop in May-retta on your way through our lovely state?

Welcome home!