Tuesday, November 2, 2010

What is he wearing?



Ever catch your reflection in a shop window or mirror and ask yourself WTW am I wearing?

It never used to happen. I am a creature of routine, my daily work around the manse wardrobe has become a cliche including Bill's Khakis, a well worn Oxford shirt, and topsiders. Throw on a navy blazer and it's a California Tux. Nothing too outre for working around the yard.

In February I wrote about a pair of Gurkha shorts I purchased which were large enough for 2. Trews for 2 is not a style I hope to live to see catch on.

Yesterday, on my way to the barn, the day windy, I caught an eyeful of my usual getup reflected in a window. I must have been wearing sail pants, as the extra width of the pant legs wrapped around to the front. Trew legs for 2 on me, ah the shame of it.



I'm a believer in the quaint notion that a gentleman's clothes should fit. No dunlop, no pants hanging around your thighs, no unsightly exposed belly shirts. My list of sartorial excess is well known.



So now that I've had to endure the same sights innocent women and children have had to deal with I have decided to refreshen my wardrobe. I've tossed the pleats, gone directly to BB's for the Thom Browne work in the yard, help with the sandbagging, stand up straight big boy suit collection. Think the argyle sweater would go with my new short and jacket set?



toad

3 comments:

ADG said...

In the name of God, please, as soon as you get home with your Thommy Babrownie purchases from the Brethren, take pictures and share them.

preppyplayer said...

I like visuals too! And love "california tux" or as we around here call it, 'the uniform."

Genuine Lustre said...

Hehe. I love your blog for posts like these.

My husband is 5'11, 160 lbs - thin..and I fight this battle with him all the time. So thankful for "tailored fit" clothing.