Friday, November 12, 2010

Advice for my fourteen year old self

My favorite Scots/Canadian and frequent visitor here, The Suburban Princess has finally published "Advice For My Fourteen Year Old Self " based upon her wisdom and experiences, expanding upon a series of her blog posts from this past summer.

It's written in the style of "things I wished an older cousin had told me". The 14 year old bit may be a bit misleading as I believe the best recipient would be that young woman, graduating high school, or early in college.

A perfect stocking stuffer for the young woman on your list, and her mother.

You may find it here. For a special dedication or signed copy get in touch with the author at the address on her blog.

Toad

3 comments:

Suburban Princess said...

Thank you so much for the promo!!
You are so nice to do this!

Yes, my book is chock full of things I wish someone had told me as I was growing up, going to school, working, dating etc. It's appropriate advice for anyone of any age! I may or may not have learned a couple of these in the last couple of years :O) It's 25 years worth of important life lessons.

Heck I know a few grandmother's who could learn a thing or two from it!

I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

JMW said...

Sounds like a good read...oh, if I could go back in time and meet my younger self. First of all, don't get that perm right before your senior portraits...:)

Main Line Sportsman said...

Good lord....if I started writing advice to myself at 14....it would be a massive tome....2000 page Michener-esque behemoth of a book.
I am interested in reading her's.....