Friday, November 5, 2010

What does Facebook know?



Enlarge the photo if you need to, I'll wait.

Can you imagine what the graph shows? According to journalist and professional number guru David McCandless, who analyzed thousands of Facebook posts, the graph above identifies prime relationship breakup times across the year.

His research shows a tendancey towards break ups at the beginning of spring, Mondays, and after Halloween. We are now in prime free agent season.

The good news is that if you make it that far, Christmas Day is fairly safe.

More on Mr. McCandless can be found here, from his lecture at TED World.

Toad

5 comments:

house things said...

How interesting. I just knew Facebook would be good for something.

JMW said...

Yes, Spring Break certainly makes sense. :)

ADG said...

I'm always in prime free agent season.

Free Kansas said...

I'd like to see a graph of new relationships and compare the two.

Suburban Princess said...

Interesting...come to think of it...I have almost always ended relationships from November to early December. I guess I am typical lol!

I hope you have a great weekend!