Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Thank you Oprah

I've lost my wife.

No, not in the mall. She's locked in her office with her new best friend, the Oprah Winfrey Network, promising/threatening to never reappear.

Mrs. T relaxes after the gym by catching up with Oprah. Skipping over the commercials frees 40 minutes or so of my day. Time I often spend with you. Now, the Oprah Network exists,and it's all Oprah and her minions 24/7.

Which answers the age old question, "Can you ever get too much Opie?" Apparently, not.

Toad

4 comments:

James said...

My response would be yes you can. However my wife enjoys her and like you I enjoy the quiet time "Opie" ( like that, can't wait to use it) provides.

Divine Theatre said...

I have NO IDEA why people watch Oprah and the like. Heck, I don't even own a television!
I suppose some folks can't understand Blogging, though! To each his own!

North of 25A said...

I have actually had, let's just say heated, discussions with my husband about the big O. He can't stand her and I have been a fan for years. On the other hand, he is a fan of Sarah Palin's "Alaska"...
Best,
Colleen

Toad said...

Colleen, I feel for you. I have no gripe against Oprah. I'm not a regular viewer, but it's on in the background around here.

OWN even has one of my favorite shows of the new year.