Saturday, October 4, 2008

Secret Agent Man


Mrs T and I had dinner the other night with our old friend and former neighbor, Secret Agent Man. Sam had the opportunity to fulfill a life long dream when in his early 30's he became a member of the Secret Service.

I frankly haven't a clue what he does for a living, except to know he is currently rotating through a tour as a member of the President's advance crew. That is more than enough for me to know.

While it is certainly work I would not seek out, I'm proud of him for the works he does. Depending upon the rotation I suspect that the real danger to the job comes in the monotony of imagining bad guys under every rock. When push comes to shove, there are entire legions of people I would be unwilling to unquestionably surrender my life for. Most of them live in or around Washington DC.

Stop in and say Hi!


Toad




No comments: