Saturday, March 31, 2012

While at the mall


This weekend while you stop at Sears to pick up the tune up kit for your lawnmower, take a peek into the Lands End shop and look up these shirts.

The shirt above is traditional cut ,standard short or long sleeve, seersucker sold in real sizes (not s-m-l). $40.00


The second, much sharper looking, again sold in real sizes but is a tailored cut, so it ain't happening here. Forty five bucks.

Your mission, should you chose to accept this assignment, is to report back. The on-line reviews are mixed.

Toad

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the first one and I like it. I didn't know that they had a shop at Sears (this shirt is $10 cheaper there). Anyway, it seems well made and is quite comfortable.

Silk Regimental said...

Thanks for the tip -- going after the second one.

Toad said...

Silk, I am jealous.

Karena said...

Very nice Toad, I had no idea they had the shop either.

I hope you will Come and enter my amazing Cross Bottle Guy Giveaway!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Toad said...

I do not believe that all Sears stores have LE shops, but many do and more are coming.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Shall order the second one for myself [several sizes up] to have as a "great shirt." Wow, I love it. Thank you!

-F

discount designer dresses online said...

My hubby has the second one. The only difference is the sleeve also has plain white cloth and he makes sure that he uses his branded cufflinks

Anonymous said...

"I am jealous."

Sir, couldn't your alchemist make this for you, custom made just so, maybe even including a white cuff if you so please? We don't want our hero to want for anything...

-Flo

Toad said...

He could and he would, but that makes an inexpensive shirt somewhat more expensive. Damon Runyon was right.