Monday, May 23, 2011

The Queen's Birthday


In many families, birthdays are really big deals. Take our house for example. We celebrate Mrs. T birthday month throughout June. Mine I'd just as soon forget, since I lie about my age anyway.

The Windsor's really know how to stretch out a good thing. Elizabeth R enjoys many birthday celebrations, real, official and otherwise. Although born on 21 April, today by permanent proclamation, is Betty's official Canadian Birthday, not to be confused with Victoria Day. Next month she celebrates her official birthday on the first (NZ), second (Australia) and third (UK) Mondays. That's a lot of cake and ice cream.

To our Canadian friends, Happy Summer!! Enjoy your holiday parties and summer frocks, warm weather has been too long coming.

To her Majesty, many happy returns of the day. I hope you live forever, you're good for business.

Toad



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unsure why this has occurred to me just now, as I look at your pretty photograph of Elizabeth, but I think I'm going to miss her when she's gone.

Toad said...

You'll note that's Phil showing off next to her

Anonymous said...

And she is making eyes at him!

The Preppy Princess said...

What a wonderful photo you found, I love seeing pictures when she seems to be genuinely smiling, lit from within, not the "I always do my duty" smile.

You are more-than-kind to pop in for a visit, the link you left today is *perfect*, methinks it will be part of tomorrow's post.

Sending you a smile,
tp

The Devoted Classicist said...

I try to stretch my own birthday celebrations out for a week!