Sunday, February 20, 2011

in this corner..

I always have a posse when I head to my desk, it's our routine, and is as true at 10 am as it is at 10 PM.

First, the check to see what's new. With nothing to find, it's time to play with bones, shoes, cords and stacks of paper. Ted then leads the gang with a bit of stretching followed by settling down, just as in yoga class.

Everyone has their chosen place. Charlie is underfoot. Pooh, thinking she's boss, stays up high so she's able to see.


Ted's as far away from the girls as possible, all the while believing he's the Alpha. No one dares disturb the bear.


Ten minutes later he rolls over and heads to his spot.

Before long you'd think you were in the "dinner with Mongo" scene of Blazing Saddles. Three sleeping dogs in a small space make a powerful noise.

It's a dogs life. We wouldn't have it any other way.

Toad

6 comments:

house things said...

I remember when Ted had that hair cut. Can't remember what he got into - brambles? - but the result was very cute. Looks like he is back to his regular fluffiness. Also, very cute.

Three snoozing dogs do indeed make a lot of noise.

James said...

A well and contented scene, you are indeed blessed.

Karena said...

Toad,

Isn't it true and my cat Miss Belle feels the same thing about felines!!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Divine Theatre said...

This sounds eerily like my family. I mean my husband, my daughter and me!

Kathy said...

I don't know how you can stay in the same room with all three. The one noisemaker I've got is almost too toxic.

Anonymous said...

Amen!