Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Coded Messages

Lest the Feds, or worse, come banging on my door too early some morning let us be clear, I say this tongue firmly in cheek. That said:

I can be made to believe that secret messages, written with invisible ink are being embedded in one of my posts and that they are secretly fueling the Egyptian revolution. How do I know?

Last October I wrote a post about the end of World War 1. A good post, well written, few typos, informative. As you'd expect.

According to Blogger stats, more people saw that post yesterday than when it was published. More people saw it yesterday than saw yesterday's post. Since October, five times as many have read that post than the second place finisher. 5 times more than even my favorites.

It's that OR

Lazy students in large universities with 20th century European History term papers due Googled it.

I prefer the first explanation.

On the plus side, if my explanation is correct, maybe someone can help get our relatives out of Cairo. We on the home front are beginning to worry. Just saying.

Toad


4 comments:

Rob Boddice said...

Something similar happened to me with 'Keep Calm and Carry On'. No interest at all when I wrote it, but now I'm beating them off with a stick. Must be something in the air.
VB

Patsy said...

Oh, I hope your relatives get home safely with nothing more than an epic story to tell!

Free Kansas said...

Toad. The Egyptian's have finaly landed safely in Turkey. The plane got in about 30 minutes ago. Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers.

Jg. for FatScribe said...

wow. i'll see your Egypt story, and raise you one "coco chanel and audrey tautou" fluff piece. the single greatest hit (like 500 hits) of any article i've ever written. though, your Egypt story carries a bit more gravitas (ya think?).

CNN and one lumped-up Anderson Cooper will be calling soon you, sir.