Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Where has the time gone?

Occasionally, we check in on the wild rantings of television producer Chuck Lorre, known throughout the kingdom for such classics as Two and Half Men, The Big Bang Theory, Dharma and Greg and others. At the end of each program Chuck airs a vanity card. You think it's a legal warning of some kind, since it scrolls so quickly, yet it's not. What it is, is a brief musing, an observation, a look at what is on his mind. Lately, Chuck has had a hard go of it, so naturally there's been a lot on his mind. Since we last looked, an entire television year has come and gone. It's time we checked in. We left him at 296.

CHUCK LORRE PRODUCTIONS, #296

The Wannabe Prayer

Oh Lord, let me look upon your children and, in their eyes, see my reflection. Let my name, for good or evil, be incessantly chatted and blogged about by those who are not themselves worthy of being chatted and blogged about. If it be thy will, grant me a cable reality show because my life is just so ca-razy! If that's not thy will, then how about arranging for me to fornicate with a famous person so I can casually say to my friends, "Guess who I'm banging?" Whatever, just free me from the bondage of anonymity so I might be recognized in a nightclub, or trendy eatery, or courtroom, or on line at the DMV. For in that recognition lies my salvation. My eternal reward for looking heavenward and proclaiming, "I have no actual skills, nor the time, talent or patience to learn one, but people still have to look at me when I walk in the room and murmur, 'Hey, isn't that somebody?'" Amen.

More recent ravings may be found here.

Toad

1 comment:

JMW said...

What a great piece of writing! He certainly nailed Hollywood celebrities well, didn't he? And I'm sure one in particular. :)