Saturday, August 6, 2011

Seven


In our family there are 3 Kate's. I've a daughter Katy, Mrs. T has a daughter Katie, and we have a granddaughter Kate. To keep them straight we tried several systems beginning with a numbering plan, oldest to youngest we called them 1, 2 then 3. That may have worked, but 3 vociferously defended the fact that she was not 3 she was 7, and so she has been ever since.

It's now 12 years on and still she is 7. I know that because yesterday was her birthday.

The photo is not very current but its special to me and the one I keep on my desk. I'm certain to hear about that later.

Until then Happy Birthday darling, keep smiling and have a wonderful day, everyday.

Toad

12 comments:

YONKS said...

Happy Birthday to 7 - love that story!
Dianne
YONKS

Bob said...

What a charming tale about your grandchild.
I hope she had a grand birthday celebration!

Gail, in northern California said...

May she always feel like 7.

Loved your story, Toad. Thank you for all my mornings that start with a smile.

LPC said...

Happy Birthday Kate! (My favorite girl's name;))

Karena said...

Happy Birthday to a special young woman with quite a mind of her own!! Bravo!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Old Polo said...

Happy Birthday Seven! I hope that you can spend some of it with your Grandfather.

Suburban Princess said...

Happy Birthday Seven!

James said...

Happy Birthday Kate!

helen tilston said...

Happy Birthday to Kate No 7. She is a beautiful young lady and may all her days be full of goodness and joy.
Helen x

Toad said...

I'm told by the queen bee herself that 7 has had a most marvelous bday and thanks each of us from the bottom of her heart.

Dumbwit Tellher said...

A very happy belated birthday to beautiful granddaughter Kate. I too have a Kate, and she turned 31 in July. I think Kate's, Katie's are a precious lot.

Patsy said...

Happy 12th, Seven!

My stepson is a third and his grandmother calls him 123.