Thursday, May 6, 2010

I get it, finally




Shoe queen that I am, I never got it.

My favorite bloggers, have written about them. NYT cover girl Allie, of Summer is a Verb is hooked. Jeremy Hackett, Mr. Classic himself has expounded on the subject.

I am not against extravagance. I love extravagance. Extravagance makes the world a more civilized place, but really, Belgian Shoes make Tod's appear inexpensive.

So I bit. Why not a pair for my birthday, I reasoned. Several weeks later they arrived. Sheepishly, I eased into them, just around the manse for a while, was my mantra. My god, are these comfortable. I began to make up excuses to dress up during the day. Wanna go to lunch, love?

Fortunately, no one I'm likely to run into most days has a clue what they are. Like fine lingerie, my Belgian's are my hidden indulgence.

Since I've learned they can safely leave home, I've been shopping for my next, and next next pair.

Curse you Internet.

Toad

11 comments:

Kimmy said...

They are quite exquisite, a male friend wears them especially on long plane trips, he swears by their comfort.
Do enjoy them, they are lovely and a most reasonable splurge for the feet, cheers!

ADG said...

Misery loves company

Suburban Princess said...

I got a lovely letter from Paige and her mom in yesterday's post :O)

Can we see what you wear with your Belgians?

JMW said...

Ah, Belgians. Cheers to your new purchase!

Jane Kilpatrick Schott said...

The BEST!!!!!

A better night's sleep knowing that a few pairs of these beauties are awaiting my choosing them to spend the day with.

True Luxe....

Karena said...

They look very luxurious and comfortable. Love them, enjoy!!

Karena
Art by Karena

LPC said...

Ooh. Those look delicious.

Holly said...

honestly you can never have too many.

Gwennie said...

I just want to pet them, they look so soft.

The Sluice Box said...

The next level of daring will be the Mr. Casual model, the one with the small bows on front.

Easy and Elegant Life said...

Agreed, wait until you hit the Mr. Casual model. It must be a short step to loafing about in silk pyjamas all day. Far too comfortable to be called shoes, they are Belgian Slippers.