Thursday, September 17, 2009

You know those days...

Those days you can't wait to get everyone out of the house? Or look forward to a half hour alone in the car? Those days you just want to wallow in your own misery and self pity?

Do you allow background music? If so, what music do you play? Is there something you save for just those days? Something tried and true?

Barry Manilow has always done it for me. On those days even his upbeat stuff makes me weep, copiously.

Any other day he makes my teeth ache.

After an afternoon of Barry, I'll be back in full fettle tomorrow.

Toad


8 comments:

Martha said...

Oh, yes, sometimes I long for those days of being alone in the house. . . and music, of course! I like Bach or Mozart -- and played really loud!

ADG said...

Toad...if Barry begins not to do it for you, try some Air Supply or David Gates-Bread. That'll make you go ahead and pull the trigger.

Now SNAP OUT OF IT!!

ADG

Turling said...

George Thorogood. "I drink alone." Makes me feel better every time.

Patsy said...

I'd better refrain from musical suggestions, as I'm sure to offend someone. Although I wholeheartedly agree with ADG's suggestions of sure fire trigger pullers.

I do hope your fettle improves!

Katy McIntyre said...

Why so blah? I turn to Norah Jones. Very mellow for when in a funk.

Toad said...

All better. I think it was the fear of Bread that turned the corner.

Easy and Elegant Life said...

Glad to hear you're recovered.

Tom Waits.

Then to snap out of it Getz/Gilberto.

EatPlayLove said...

Coldplay although they usually take me deeper.