Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Year of the Turtle


It's not often I accept sartorial advice from our dogs, but Charlie has declared this to be the fall/winter of the turtleneck. I'd prefer a non-winter, such as we had last year, but the odds are long on its rehappening so soon, so I clicked on the computer and went shopping.

My closet is full, my seasonal needs are zero, I would like 3 turtlenecks.  For Christmas several years ago #1 son gave me a black pima cotton Ralph turtleneck, which I adore.  I became hooked on Ralph's turtles, accepting few substitutes.  This season I'm searching for just the right green and waiting for a dark gray to arrive.  I'd be a more confident shopper if I believed the colors on my monitor.

Last winter I faux pawed as we say around here.  Unwilling to suffer for my art I purchased a creme, cotton Orvis submariner sweater.  I knew better, I simply did not do better.  I should have then, and have now acquired the wool RAF/Submariner sweater from What Price Glory.  The Orvis is good, this is better.

Shopping  'till Spring is over.


Mississippians around the world have a holiday today in honor of Wm. Faulkner's birthday.  He'd appreciate you sharing a bit of whiskey with friends on his special day.



Toad

4 comments:

Shelley said...

I don't do turtlenecks, as I look like a turtle in them. I'm definitely going for a strong chin and better legs in my next life...

Karena said...

Happy Autumn Toad. I do love turtlenecks and I seem to keep my better winter clothing forever. My daughter and DIL won't wear them.

Of course I must stay warm and even add a scarf around my neck when I am able to venture out again!

xoxo,
Karena
2012 Artist Series

James said...

"faux pawed", thank you for the morning chuckle. I feel the same way about cowl necked sweaters. I have too many, but they make me feel like Jack London.

Edgertondkqy said...

"faux pawed", thank you for the morning chuckle. I feel the same way about cowl necked sweaters. I have too many, but they make me feel like Jack London.