Friday, August 31, 2012

Bunky Day

My sons are Irish twins, almost. They were born exactly a year and a week apart, hence the almost. Today is my youngest son, Bunky's birthday.

Bunky is settling into an adult life of domestic tranquility in Portland, Oregon. He and his better half (Finn's mom) will close on the purchase of their first home next week, the joys of moving await, school restarts soon. All are happy and healthy. Life is pretty good from his vantage point.

It wasn't always so. Bunky spent several years in the wilderness, working his way to where he is now. I've finally stopped worrying about him, he's on the yellow brick road. I am, as I have always been, very proud of him. He's forged his own path, may we all be so lucky.

Please join me in a rocking version of HBTY. Sing like this:

HBTY
HBTY
HBDB
HBTY

Toad

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"HBTY
HBTY
HBDB
HBTY"

...and many morrrrre!

-Flo

David said...

Enjoy your day Bunky!

Anonymous said...

Bunky, my car went out of control today and steered itself into the Dairy Queen. The employees came out and helped me get it back running, so before I left I doubled back into the drive-thru lane, rolled my window down to wave thank-yous to everyone inside when suddenly a big vanilla cone got itself thrust into my hand. If it hadn't been your birthday today, I'd have thrown it on the ground.

-F