Monday, October 11, 2010

Correspondence

Are you one of us, those who cannot resist reading someone else's old diaries, perhaps a cache of personal letters, or books of correspondence? In my recent travels I came across this gem of a blog, Letters of Note. When you have time, make it a point to search the archives.

The following is a letter describing the visit and recommendations of the British censor to an early screening of "Monty Python and the Holy Grail". Naturally, the Python team wished to have the film rated for as young an audience as possible. The censor had his job to do as well. I have no idea how this turned out, but I can guess. Mercifully, the censor was not the producer/director as well.




Toad

6 comments:

Karena said...

Hilarious! I always wondered what the censors had to say in rating a film!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

columnist said...

Surely this is a spoof? Mark Forstarter??! Anyway, fun in cheek.

James said...

A great site ,thank you once again. I loved the Henry Rollins reply. "call me what you called me in the letter and we'll see how it goes"

Jane Kilpatrick Schott said...

Damn you Toad! Another great site! Another few hours I will spend and never get back.
P.S. I am going to place my order for my seasonal shoes with Matt at Del Toro tomorrow...can't wait.

Keith said...

Thanks for sharing that with us.

NCJack said...

I'm glad that "You silly wipers of other people's bottoms" got through the censor unscathed.