Thursday, April 23, 2009

Odds and Ends

1. I was reading yesterday that Esquire and Architectural Digest probably won't live to see Christmas. I examined my conscience on this and concluded so what.

2. I badly want to blame our good friend Maximinimus for tragic accident, but honesty and good sense won't allow it. He's younger, faster and stronger than I.

In his post on George Mallory over the weekend, I commented that George and I wear the same watch. In this case, an early 1920's Ingersoll Wrist. Mine was my grandfathers.

I've worn mine off and on for almost 40 years, until today. I dropped it on the bathroom floor while dressing and shattered the crystal. The crystal will soon be replaced, but I hate to see it beginning the slide towards the proverbial my grandfather's ax story. Photo shameless stolen from ADG.

3. Ladies and Gent, Boys and Girls we have been awarded a prize. Dear friend, and budding novelist Rebecca have passed on the enviable Lemonade Stand Award.


The rules are the usual, but I am gratified none the less.

Post the award on your blog - Done
Nominate 10 other blogs and link to them.
Send some love back to the person who bestowed the award on you by: a/telling them who you gave it to (just about to do that) and b/posting a link to their site.
Let your nominees know that they've received the award.

Also, and I am ashamed to publicly admit at this late stage that once upon a time,we were awarded the Your Blog is Fabulous Award.


Frequent commenter News Readin' Wife awarded the prize to our humble missives. I am still flattered and grateful. At the time the award was given I was barely able to type 2 letters without misspelling, and too shy to pass on my good fortune.

What I never said was, that the award encouraged me at time I was about to stop. I'm thankful to her every day. You on the other hand have her to blame.

The rules as I remember are about the same, so I will treat them the same anyway. Fortunately there are enough prizes as followers to go around. I will specificly announce the winners tomorrow and my reasons why. No it is not just because you follow. This isn't the Oprah show.


Toad

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I have watch that belonged to a great-grandmother. Sadly it doesn't work anymore and, while it's beautiful, it's not repairable. I wear it anyway for certain occasions.

Katy McIntyre said...

Congrats on the awards! Well deserved. (sorry about your watch)

ADG said...

Toad...SO sorry man...about the watch.

Esquire...not surprised...I'm reading copies from the 1930's.

Covert Coat...I can't afford nor do I need another stitch of clothing...but a DB Covert will be my next creation when I get some dough.

Shirts...I've given up on finding large check shirts that fit me. The ones I've bought in London aren't sized for me. The BB contrast button down collar shirt sounds great. Throw it on with your white linen Boss Hog suit from New Orleans. Then man up and post a pic.

ADG