Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A night out in KC

Date book empty for April 28th?

Should you find yourself in or near Kansas City I might suggest the Riedel Wine Glass Seminar at the American Restaurant.

Chef Debbie Gold allegedly is preparing a perfect match of hors d'oeuvres for the Mantanzas Creek, Byron Nelson and Arrowhead wines, each served in their unique Riedel Crystal Sommelier series glass.

Proceeds to benefit the James Beard Foundation, and guests will be given 3 crystal stems as a gift.

Sadly, Mrs. T and I will be unable to attend. I find that wine spoils my taste for gin, and we are not expected in KC until May 1.

Toad

2 comments:

Martha said...

Perhaps this seminar will settle once and for all if it is pronounced REEDEL or RIDEL!

Toad said...

I've heard Max (11th generation) pronounce it long e.