Monday, August 23, 2010

Del Toro, A couple of kids trying hard


Mrs. Blandings and I have been trading emails this past week comparing our experiences with the good kids at Del Toro. Her tale is not mine to tell, my experience has been very good.

Keep in mind, I'm not on the take here, just sharing a story.

One of the hardest notions to get your mind across when buying clothes off the peg, is that the size on the label is just a number. You can like the number or if you hate the number, you may do something about it, but you are never absolved from the dictate to buy clothing that fits YOU.

I'm especially leery about buying shoes unseen. My foot is wide. If wide is unavailable, sometimes you can substitute extra length in a medium width shoe to compensate for missing width. Let the buyer beware however. Acknowledging my shoe difficulties, I took advantage of their try it on for size offer, and I am grateful I did.



I ordered a half and a whole size larger than normal, figuring one or the other would fit perfectly. I could get neither on my feet.

Two days later, Matt, one of the founders, gives me a call. He seemed genuinely curious. I told my story, he told his and promised to send replacements. 10 days later they arrived. Butta!

So here's the problem. He sent the black to try on. Originally, I didn't want black, but now I do, so I'm keeping these. I wanted brown, and an embroidered blue pair, and a monogrammed black pair, and a...





I especially like the cool racing stripe at the back. Call Matt, he's got my info.

Toad

8 comments:

JDB said...

Butta? Sir Toad, you always make me smile. I've missed you.

Mrs. Blandings said...

This is extraordinarily good news. Hooray for all but your shoe budget.

J.P. said...

Sharp shoes. I am glad to hear the good news about Del Toro. I have wanted to pick up a pair for some time now.

ADG said...

Take the socks off bossman!

Easy and Elegant Life said...

Very good news. Both the shoes and the customer service.

Toad said...

Dude they were trials.

Anonymous said...

Del Toro seems constantly be adjusting their pricing. Last month, they were $165. They started out as $120, then went to $195, then $165, now back to $195.

Something else to consider. For $215, you can get English made Shipton & Heneage slippers www.shipton-usa.com which are an original purveyor of such.

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

They look great...I love the red stripe detail!