Friday, April 16, 2010

Hermes must be in the air

Long time readers of Summer is a Verb are used to the travails of Alice's long suffering husband Babe. The poor devil lies awake nights in fear of the UPS man's next delivery. Naturally, when his birthday or other gift receiving opportunity comes his way he meekly asks for a shopping moratorium. Can you blame him? How can something so petite, be so expensive?

While reading Steven Hitchcock's blog, The Savile Row Tailor yesterday, I found the perfect gift for Babe from Alice.

Now I am not certain Alice would be willing to pull the plug on this, but as a demonstration of her love, it would be hard to top.




Wouldn't Babe love his favorite navy blue blazer lined in Alice's Hermes scarves?

Personally, I thought Steven's client went a bit overboard with the pull out breast pocket, but that's just me.

Imagine the fun Babe and Alice would have shopping for replacements.

Donations of old scarves may be sent here.

Toad

12 comments:

heavy tweed jacket said...

Many women might cry, but I like this lining. The pullout breast pocket made me chuckle. Great idea.

Summer is a Verb said...

Everything went quiet after I read "petite". I would have gone willingly by the hand to the Salem Witch trials after that compliment. Untrue, but glorious just the same Toad. ♫ Oh what a beauuutiful mooorninnng, oh what a beautiful daaay ♫

Patsy said...

Hey! I have that scarf! Looks better as a scarf ;-)

Toad said...

Patsy I agree.

Anne Lake said...

This is just fabulous! But I think Alice should just get more Hermes scarves.

Toad said...

Anne Lake's comment has been deleted lest Alice see it and get ideas.

TWA said...

This ones gonna backfire on you when Allie decides to have her own blazer lined in hermes. Babe will be left wondering, "who the heck gave her this idea?"... Come on Allie, DO IT, DO IT!

Pigtown*Design said...

heehee! i scored two gen-u-ine hermes scarves at our local episcopal church's thrift shop the other day. $2/each! SCORE! they will not be used to line a blazer, though!

Toad said...

Meg, your post was the inspiration for this one

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Wow..Toad, I'm feeling dizzy!!

Summer is a Verb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Summer is a Verb said...

$2 Herems scarves at the church?! I think I may have found religion Meg...XXOO

ps..Anne's being hired as my defense counsel