Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Art? Part 3 The stall is working

We have visited the ART Man's gallery in the past. You can revisit our excursions here, and here.

Mrs. T and I drove by Sunday to see how things were progressing. Much has changed since our visit over the holidays. The man's megalomania may never end. In the mean time, 3 of his closest neighbors have placed their homes for sale. Similar homes two blocks away in the same subdivision sell for $100k more. Go figure.






Happy St. Paddy's Day to y'all.


Main Line Sportsman said...

The owner of this property and perpetrator of this visual horror show masquerading as lawn art, clearly needs medication...and a visit from the Town code enforcement officer.

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Oh my - somehow I don't feel so bad Toad. I was hoping for you sake this crazy man & his issues had packed up his shenanigans and moved to the hills. It just could be my ex-husband living in that house?
: D Happy St. Paddy's Day to you and Mrs. Toad

Shelley said...

Since there are apparently no zoning or codes to protect his neighbours I can't see any reason why they couldn't have just built some really high brick walls either side of him to shut off their view - and narrow his. Cheaper than lawyers, surely? Similar wars are fought here in England over the height of shrubs because natural light is in such short supply. I sometimes chafe at the restrictions placed by the local authorities here - you can't structurally modify your own house in any way without planning permission - but I doubt this mess could happen here.

If the ACLU is involved, they have more money and lawyers, so I'd give up and go. I agree this man is very angry - or crazy, or both. I so feel for his neighbours.

Toad said...

While I certainly do not advocate what I am about to suggest, its a miracle "lightening" hasn't struck his house.

JMW said...

Oh, how awful! It certainly makes me appreciate my neighbors.

Brian said...

We have a small community called Arden around here that this house would fit in at. Always fun to drive by, but I'm glad I don't live there.