Sunday, November 22, 2009

Katy Day


Firstborns do not come with instruction manuals.

Too young couples are left to their own devices to figure out how to make the best of their new situations. We hadn't a clue.

Mercifully, infants are hearty and resilient souls and our daughter Katy not only rolled but prospered. From the moment of her birth she was queen bee. First child, first grandchild, first daughter in my family for many years. Later, as the only girl in a house of boys, she continuously made it clear she was no body's mouseburger.

While it often doesn't seem so at the time, children grow up too quickly.

In honor of her birthday today I present this photo extravaganza. Many of these photos I remember like yesterday.










Mercifully, she is on a beach somewhere on holiday and won't see this post for several days. Time enough for me to make my escape.

Happy Birthday Dahlink.

Toad

9 comments:

ADG said...

Toad....great post and...Happy Birthday Katie from LFG and ADG.

Ps...When LFG rolled in my mom told us to "figure it out" ....my mother is the youngest of ten. All born at home-they all thrived.

Suburban Princess said...

Happy Birthday Katie!

Summer is a Verb said...

What a brilliant birthday gesture. I doubt you'll be in the dog house...XXOO

M.Lane said...

Happy birthday to the Queen Bee. I know what you mean about them growing up too quickly. My son [first child, first grandchild, only child] seems like he has one foot out the door already. And he's just 12.

ML
mlanesepic.blogspot.com

David said...

Happy birthday Katy!

Gail, in northern California said...

Happy Birthday, Katy. You've got a great dad. We're so happy to have him back in the fold. Curmudgeon he may be, but also a lovable old coot. Of course, I'm not telling you anything new.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patsy said...

Happy Birthday to a first born girl from another first born girl!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to all for the birthday wishes. What an frightening walk down memory lane. :) Love you dad!