Saturday, November 7, 2009

Ellie did it!!!!!

Those with long memories may recall I made some minor effort to convince my buddy and favorite bow tie maker Ellie Stager to create a patch tweed winter scarf. My timing was initially poor, since Ellie did not care to make such a heavy item while it was still summer in her little corner of South Carolina.

None the less she eventually came around, and sent the following photo for my consideration.





Immediately I jumped at the opportunity and commissioned my first bespoke scarf.

A week later it arrived. Mrs. T immediately claimed it as hers. Ellie says it was a one off, so my search continues.



Toad

7 comments:

AJ said...

Murphy of Ireland makes a nice patchwork tweed scarf. Just in case Mrs. T doesn't want to share! Although, Murhphy's has more color variation than the magnificent scarf in this post.

egadfly said...

One-off? I'd buy one of those in a heartbeat.

Mrs. Blandings said...

Based on the 75 degree day, you have a little time. During the last cold snap a friend asked Mr. B if he were cold standing on the sidelines of the football game. "I wouldn't be if I were wearing my own scarf." I'm a bit of a a borrower myself.

Gail, in northern California said...

Bide your time.....Christmas is coming.

David said...

I have a sewing machine and know how to use it you know.

Anonymous said...

Dandy!
Good looking scarf/you make it look good, Toad.
What is it lined with?

Easy and Elegant Life said...

Great idea and a fine looking scarf. It's the Barbour jacket that Mrs. E. coveted. Finally got her her own and took mine back as the smell of wet tweed is a bit hard to take in a closed vehicle.