Monday, February 25, 2013

Liz Day


By the authority invested in me I banish throughout the kingdom on this day all bad thoughts, occurrences of inclement weather, school tests, homework curfews and assigned bedtimes.  Today is Liz Day, decreed in honor of the birth, 13 years ago of  the world's next superstar of stage and screen, my granddaughter Liz, the Princess formerly known as Paige.   


I'm finding it hard to accept that my retirement plan is now a teen.     


Mrs. T asked her to make a wish for her big day. In response, Liz informed her, that just to let them know she was willing and able to arrive early, her application to Julliard had been mailed. Acceptance was her wish.  A jump to college from 7th grade hardly sounds unreasonable.

Please,  will each of you join me in a rousing rendition of HB2U?

HBD2U
HBD2U
HBDDLIZ
HBD2U

Love you teen darling!

Toad

8 comments:

Kathy said...

HBD2U, Liz! Toad, she's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Liz! And looks like the birthday gal is taking no chances on missing the call from Juilliard, phone securely in hand. Might there be housing in her future as well? Did she have a hand in making the architectural models? The chair Liz is sitting in, I love the upholstery fabric, it reminds me somewhat of Max's sofa fabric, and just the touch we need around here. Did formerly-Paige take on the whole Elizabeth part of Liz, or just pure Liz with no strings? Have a wonderful day, Liz!

-Flo

Gail, in northern California said...

Happy Birthday, Liz. The teen years. Enjoy their every minute but don't grow up too fast.

Toad said...

We have given Liz and her entire class the day off school tomorrow so that could properly honor her birthday.

Anonymous said...

school tests in fact were not banished today. My teachers did not get the memo. Thank you Grandpa, and to the several people who I don't even know who wished me happy birthday. (you too, chair flo. I'm sure that chair also had a happy birthday) Liz Day always makes me feel special :) your annual blog post is one of my favorite parts of my birthday.

- Princess former paige, I love you!

Anonymous said...

Petition to enact Two Days per Year Named for Liz. [she's sooooo precious!]

[x] Aunt Flo

Anonymous said...

Recent article in WSJ immediately came to mind after reading this: "Finding the Just-Right Level of Self-Esteem for a Child"

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323884304578328254243843768.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_MIDDLE_Video_Top

Anonymous in NY

preppyplayer said...

What a lovely girl! I have a feeling every day is Liz day at Grandma and Grandpa's. And why shouldn't it be!