Friday, November 16, 2012

Weekend Drivel



If I try really hard I may be able to complete my weekend errands and some of my honey do's before lunch on Saturday. If it rains I have the weekend free which would be really good news for me because inexplicably I'm a sucker for Christmas movies, especially the Hallmark or the I hate men channel variety, and opening day is upon us.  

The season actually began last weekend with The Christmas Angel.  Reading the title you know the story line, that's the best part.  This weekend brings such classics as Christmas Everyday, The Christmas Hope, A Christmas Proposal, and the all important Christmas Wedding.  I have no explanation for how or why this drivel appeals to me, but it does. TIVO will be smokin' by Sunday night. 

Over the next month I have to work in, along with the Hallmark lineup, Charlie Brown (Thanksgiving and Christmas), The Grinch, Yukon Cornelius, 4 Christmas Carol's, Dr. Who's Christmas, Black Adder's Christmas, Scrooged with Bill Murray, The Bishop's Wife (original only please), Miracle on 34th Street (original) and if there's time It's a Wonderful Life. If only I had Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol! Time constraints will likely prevent Ralphie from sneaking into the lineup this year.

Nothing like a weekend nap, a fire in the hearth and drivel. You're invited to join me if you bring caramel corn.

Toad


11 comments:

Shelley said...

Sounds like a great line up, but I'm surprised you do this before Thanksgiving. Perhaps you'll be busy shopping then?

ELS said...

Can I bring date and walnut loaf? And 'The Cremation of Sam McGee'?

HTBS editor Göran R Buckhorn said...

Hear, hear for It's a Wonderful Life!

Main Line Sportsman said...

Strangely I enjoy this drivel as well...you should add "The Homecoming" to the line up. Not as drivelly...actually pretty good. It is the pilot for the Waltons.

Main Line Sportsman said...

Strangely, I too enjoy the Christmas drivel. You should add "The Homecoming" to the line up. Not as drively...quite good actually. It is the original pilot for the Waltons.

Toad said...

I'll search all season for The Homecoming, thanks.

James said...

my all time favorite is "Holiday Inn"

Toad said...

White Christmas with Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye tops my list

Anonymous said...

Have you seen The Shop Around the Corner? Remade as In the Good Old Summertime and later as You've Got Mail, the original has a young Jimmy Stewart and has become a favorite in our home.

Toad said...

I'd forgotten The Shop around the Corner, but not Margaret Sullavan

northsidefour said...

Sounds lovely, I'm saving your list, although this might make my Christmas movie habit extend to year round. And I'm including The Shop Around the Corner, I've never seen it and have always wanted.