Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Prince Charles-redux



Talk about a weird and truly bifurcated life.  Before mom dies, after mom dies.  It would make anyone schizophrenic.  Today's birthday boy is perhaps the most misunderstood man in the world, he may be either a dreamer or the village idiot, and those that know which aren't telling.


Father, husband, farmer, sportsman,  car guy, businessman he has done it all, each step of the way in the public eye, receiving a daily deluge of controversy for every utterance, idea and articulated thought he may have.  For the most part, he has borne his responsibilities well, marching to his own drummer.



I like the guy, mostly for speaking his mind, forcefully when necessary.  Anyone who is a thorn in side of greed heads and land rapers gets my vote.  Hell of a dresser too.

Happy Birthday Sir.

Toad



3 comments:

James said...

As I've told you before, on this we are in total agreement.

Anonymous said...

I tell you what, I like Prince Charles and I say this as a huuuge Princess Diana fan. I never really gave him much thought until I read an article about him a few years ago in National Geographic. It was about one his villages and how he completely re-imagined it "green". What an interesting article. I also think that Charles and Camilla's love story is really quite romantic. Talk about love standing the test of time.

NCJack said...

Always admired that no matter what the outfit, he wore it, rather than letting it wear him. Makes more difference than one might first think.