Saturday, November 3, 2012

Odds and Ends- End of Daylight Savings Edition



Does ANYONE, who is not an NHL employee, give a flying leap that the league is on strike against its players? Would anyone notice if they stayed gone?


My brother from a different mother ADG has long and certifiable Tom Wolfe adulation bonafides. Google has rewarded his admiration by using a photo from his blog as the face of Mr. Wolfe on their search page.



The post man brought these this week from Broadland Slippers. They have hardly left my feet since.



The best description I've ever read of the iconic Judy Garland Classic.



Maybe-Maybe Not




Don't forget to set the clocks. Spring forward, fall back. It is now fall.

Toad

3 comments:

Pillar Of Autumn said...

I guess I'm one of the few missing the NHL. My daughter plays hockey and we enjoy watching the pros to the point I usually buy the Center Ice package from my cable system. Fortunately, the AHL is still playing and the local team is plenty fun to watch. I've always seen hockey as a very pure sport in it's execution; much more enjoyable to watch than those pooftas playing baseball.

Suburban Princess said...

Hockey Night in Canada has been the background noise for my entire life. I have no interest in watching the games but the announcer's voice is so distinct, whenever I hear it I am transported backwards through my life and every Saturday night of my childhood. Just like Le Chandail :O)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkJzV3x9Rd0

teslaez said...

t6z02b0g44 e7z84v7u29 d6m63i5p85 s3o03x4q01 b9o11b5j87 c6a96e7l12