Wearin' o' the green and wishing a Happy Mr. Patrick's Day
My name is Toad, I am in introvert. Sophia Dembling, writing in the Huffington Post suggests that "Spotting the introvert can be harder than finding Waldo". She should know, Sophia is the author of "The Introvert's Way: Living a Quiet Life in a Noisy World". She then offered a questionnaire to help you determine if you too are an introvert. See how well you do, with the following, the answer is unlikely to surprise:
1. You find small talk incredibly cumbersome.
2. You go to parties -– but not to meet people.
3. You often feel alone in a crowd.
4. Networking makes you feel like a phony.
5. You've been called "too intense."
6. You're easily distracted.
7. Downtime doesn’t feel unproductive to you.
8. Giving a talk in front of 500 people is less stressful than having to mingle with those people afterwards.
9. When you get on the subway, you sit at the end of the bench -– not in the middle.
10. You start to shut down after you’ve been active for too long.
11. You're in a relationship with an extrovert.
12. You'd rather be an expert at one thing than try to do everything.
13. You actively avoid any shows that might involve audience participation.
14. You screen all your calls -- even from friends.
15. You notice details that others don't.
16. You have a constantly running inner monologue.
17. You have low blood pressure.
18. You’ve been called an “old soul” -– since your 20s.
19. You don't feel "high" from your surroundings
20. You look at the big picture.
21. You’ve been told to “come out of your shell.”
22. You’re a writer.
23. You alternate between phases of work and solitude, and periods of social activity.
I scored a 20.
As if I needed further proof I've found myself reading the for sale- free stuff listings on Craigslist for fun.
The trick to reading the ads is to mentally create a backstory.
The cable company is going all digital so the rash of old televisions is a no brainer,but 28 years of National Geographic magazines? Cleaning our grandma's house. The 5 trash bags full of mulched leaves was the treasure of the day.
Erin go bragh!