2 days ago
Friday, May 10, 2013
I took in an early matinee and save for a few continuity snafus, and the likelihood you could read the book in less time than the movie runs, I liked it. I'll share a few comments.
1. Leo DiCaprio is Gorgeous. I never realized how good looking he is.
2. You are likely to better enjoy the movie if you erase any preconceived notions you brought outside the theatre. Pretend you never read or had heard of The Great Gatsby, see it with an open mind.
3. The women and their costumes are a treat.
4. I do not believe I have ever seen a movie in which the men's clothing fit so poorly, especially the shirts and jackets. For a while I believed this was on purpose, but I couldn't understand Daisy becoming worked up over ill fitting shirts. Nothing was tailored, and it became distracting.
4. The film, while not Great, was much better than I hoped, and unworthy of most of its bad reviews as long as you do not take the film seriously.
Enjoy, it's worth the $4