Sunday, December 2, 2012

Bronies?


Perhaps you grew up with My Little Pony, maybe your kids did, or you may be among the fortunate few have no idea what I'm talking about. Created in the early '80's, My Little Pony was a line of toy ponies aimed at very young girls. MLP morphed into a television cartoon series of sweet morality tales aimed at those same young girls. The cartoons sold a lot of horses, and died well after its prime.

Since little risk is involved reselling old ideas, and there is always a risk in creating something new, the infotainment establishment recycled My Little Pony with truly horrific consequences i.e. "The Bronie."  Exploring the highways and bi-ways of holiday cheer, I encountered a corral of adult males sporting holiday My Little Pony wear. I had to ask. "We are bronies" came the reply. Bronies or Boy (adult) My Little Pony fans is the latest big thing for the demographic living in mom's basement.

I'm not here to judge, only to alert.

Toad



4 comments:

Divine Theatre said...

*wince*

Anonymous said...

"That's what gives me the FEAR." - Dr. Gonzo Freekansas

brohammas said...

truth aside, I refuse to believe this.

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

A new student showed up at our school last August proudly wearing a bronie shirt. He was entirely unashamed in explaining the concept to his fellow students. And yes...it IS a bit difficult to process.