Monday, June 17, 2013

Be careful what you wish for Part 1 of 2

Lately, I had been giving thought to how to cut the time I spend staring at my computer screen. For better or worse, time online is time not watching television, but still, I feel I'm wasting my life away. So the gods intervened.

Ten days ago, I was talking to #1 son during a violent storm when our phone went dead. It stayed dead, along with very intermittent internet service until yesterday afternoon. For the first few days I was like a crack addict needing his next fix. Gradually, I came to terms with life off line. By mid week life took on the rhythm of what I remember life was like once upon a time, and I truly enjoyed it.

Five minutes after the repairman left the tranquility of life off line vanished forever. It's good to be back, I missed you. Now I have a lot of catching up to do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My right shoulder is giving me pain today and frankly, I blame you. Without your engaging posts to read I ventured outside and spent Sunday in my garden pulling weeds. Joking aside, so happy to see you writing again. Was worried that your excellent blog was going dormant on us.
Douglas

preppyplayer said...

Finally on, doing some reading. Love your header and your posts.
A little break is always nice...

Old Polo said...

I was worried about your well being. I am so glad that it was a technoglitch rather than a personal crisis. Have missed your posts, glad you are back on the grid.