Saturday, May 26, 2012

AARP- The Magazine


I was ordered by my television to seek refuge in the smallest, interior room in our house, so to kill some time I grabbed the first magazine I saw. I had never encountered AARP* -The Magazine before, and hope never to again. This bastion of carnality's lead story: The 21 sexiest men over age 50.

I'll share their list, in no particular order, based upon looks, brainpower, sense of humor, individuality, artistic ability, generosity and goodness of heart:

George Clooney
Antonio Banderas
Denzel Washington
Jon Bon Jovi
Samuel L. Jackson
Yo-Yo Ma
Mario Van Peebles
Liam Neeson
Brian Williams
Viggo Mortensen
George Strait
John Irving
James Brolin
Andy Mill
Paul Sereno
Rupert Everett
Colin Firth
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.
Scott Bakula
John Huntsman
Leslie Moonves

I won't bore you with the weak list of 15 runner's up but you may read the whole story here. Afterwards, as you create your own list I suspect no more than 2 of these names make the cut.

Toad

*The AARP is the American Association of Retired Persons

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perpetuation of show biz industry idol worship. Perpetuation of the Kennedy family "royalty" myth as opposed to what they really are, amoral thugs. Perpetuation of Sexy as a cover story value. Perpetuation of the mindlessness of our culture. [Donate now, help us bring this stupid magazine to your door without interruption of service.]

-The Grouch, with a tropical storm aimed right at her front door

LPC said...

These kinds of lists are dumb, but compelling. I can spot at least five men I'd put on similar list of my own, if I made one. But I've been perhaps overly enthusiastic about men since first grade, so I'm probably an outlier.

Toad said...

This list feels like it was made by a committee of 2 with a 5 minute deadline.

David V said...

Since it will be my list my name will be on top. I don't care who the rest of the list will be.